FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 2, 2018
OILERS’ PLAYOFF PUSH REACHES FINAL WEEK OF THE SEASON
Tulsa controls its own destiny with four games remaining, starting Monday night at Kansas City and ending with three games at home.
OVERALL RECORD: 31-26-11
LAST WEEK: 1-0-0
Friday, Mar. 30 – Tulsa 3, Wichita 2 (INTRUST Bank Arena – Wichita, KS) | Box Score
>> The Tulsa Oilers knocked off the Wichita Thunder 3-2 last Friday in the final meeting of the season between the two teams. Tulsa jumped out to a 3-0 lead by the end of the second period, thanks to goals from Kyle Rhodes, Roman Ammirato and Joey Sides. The Thunder staged a third period comeback, with two goals of their own, but Tulsa hung on to the regulation win to pull within a point of Wichita in the race for the final Mountain Division playoff spot.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Monday, Apr. 2 – Tulsa AT Kansas City, 7:05pm – Silverstein Eye Centers Arena (Independence, MO)
Wednesday, Apr. 4 – Idaho vs. Tulsa, 7:05pm – BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Friday, Apr. 6 – Rapid City vs. Tulsa, 7:05pm – BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
Saturday, Apr. 7 – Rapid City vs. Tulsa, 7:05pm – BOK Center (Tulsa, OK)
· Kyle Rhodes picked up his first two professional points (1g, 1a) in his first game with the Oilers Friday.
· Roman Ammirato has goals in back-to-back games, the first two goals of his pro career.
· Captains Adam Pleskach and Joey Sides are the only two Oilers to have played in every game this season.
· Tulsa’s magic number is 8 points, as the Oilers control their own playoff destiny entering the final week.
· The Oilers saw a streak of 40 consecutive successful penalty kills snapped in the third period Friday.
· Tulsa has won 4 straight games on the road, matching a season-high.
POINTS: 55 – Charlie Sampair
GOALS: 30 – Charlie Sampair
ASSISTS: 27 –Adam Pleskach
PLUS/MINUS: +11 – Evan Richardson
PIMS: 239 – Kale Kessy**
PP GOALS: 6 – Garrett Ladd, Adam Pleskach
SH GOALS: 3 – Conner Bleackley*, Charlie Sampair
GW GOALS: 5 – Conner Bleackley*
SHOTS: 296 – Adam Pleskach
WINS: 16 – Jake Hildebrand
GAA: 2.51 – Devin Williams
SAVE %: .923 – Devin Williams
*Reassigned to AHL (San Antonio)
**Reassigned to AHL (Cleveland
POWER PLAY: Overall – 36/271 (13.3% – 26th in ECHL)
PENALTY KILL: Overall – 227/269 (84.4%- 9th in ECHL)
The Oilers sit in fifth place in the Mountain Division heading into the final week of the season. Tulsa has 4 games remaining (Mon. at Kansas City, Wed. vs Idaho, and Fri./Sat. vs Rapid City). The Oilers are 1 point behind Wichita for fourth…Wichita has 3 games remaining (Tues. vs Allen, and Fri./Sat. at Colorado)…Allen is in third place with 3 games left (Tues. at Wichita, and Fri./Sat. vs Idaho). The Americans lead the Thunder by 2 points and the Oilers by 3 points.