FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 2, 2017
OILERS ANNOUNCE PROTECTED LIST
Tulsa retains the ECHL rights to 29 players; must submit season-ending roster, which can include up to 20 players by June 15.
TULSA, OK – The Tulsa Oilers, proud member of the ECHL, and General Manager Taylor Hall announced the club’s protected list Friday for the 2017-18 season. The list consists of 29 players, including 18 forwards, eight defensemen and three goaltenders.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
Tulsa Oilers Protected List
FORWARDS (18): Carlos Amestoy, Shawn Bates, Phil Brewer, Dan DeSalvo, Tyson Fawcett, Danick Gauthier, Reid Halabi, Dylan Hubbs, Kale Kessy, Garrett Ladd, Christophe Lalancette, Darcy Murphy, Dmitri Ognev, Danick Paquette, Adam Pleskach, Alexandre Ranger, Calvin Spencer, Patrick Watling
DEFENSEMEN (8): Charles-David Beaudoin, Dennis Brown, Wes Cunningham, Eric Drapluk, Chris Joyaux, Nolan Julseth-White, Matt Konan, Andrew Prochno
GOALTENDERS (3): Keegan Asmundson, Jonah Imoo, P.J. Musico
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish, provided the players meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association (PHPA), which states that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
- Signed an SPC in 2016-17 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2016-17, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2016-17 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3pm EST on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3pm EST on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2016-17.